Many started off their holiday and attended the COX Thanksgiving Day Run at Panther Island Pavilion on November 28, 2019.
Runners arrived at the venue with rainy, cold weather, but were thankful by the start of the race, the rain had stopped once the race kicked off. Participants had the option to enter into the 1-mile walk, 5K, 10K, or half-marathon. With great company and Santa Clause present, the Thanksgiving Day Run was a successful event!
Pumpkin Spice 5K, 10K & Half Marathon returned to Panther Island Pavilion on Saturday, November 23 for another great run!
With over 2,400 participants, the event helped raise money for Leukemia Texas. The participants had a great time before and after running enjoying treats such as Avoca Coffee, pumpkin spiced hot chocolate, and watching a pie-eating contest and much more!
JDRF One Walk was hosted out at Panther Island Pavilion on November 16 – Fort Worth, TX
JDRF Greater Fort Worth/Arlington hosted a big celebration! The walk was a fun, family-friendly event where dedicated walkers, volunteers, and sponsors raise money to make living with T1D safer and healthier until it is no longer a threat.
Thanks to the Fort Worth community, JDRF raised over $357,600, surpassing their online goal of $400,000!
Fort Worth at Panther Island Pavilion – November 11, 2019
Congratulations to all that participated in this year’s Fort Worth Marathon! The Fort Worth Marathon is a non-profit organization. The Marathon is an annual running event that raises funds to fight childhood obesity in the Tarrant County area and in the school systems. This year’s race had nearly 950 runners.
Congrats again to all that participated and to the lucky couple that got engaged at the end of the race. See you in 2020.
Panther Island Pavilion was excited to host Walk to End Alzheimer’s on October 26.
Alzheimer’s Association Walk to End Alzheimer’s helped raise awareness and funds for Alzheimer’s care, support and research. This inspiring event had participants of all ages and abilities that helped reclaim the future for millions. They raised $370,212 at this year’s walk!
If you did not attend the walk and would still like to donate click here and help them reach their online goal of $465,000.
Step Up For Down Syndrome was held at Panther Island Pavilion on October 19—Fort Worth, TX.
Participants joined together to walk in either the family or run in the newly added 5K! The walk supports individuals with Down Syndrome and their families through education, outreach, support, and social engagement, as well as, the exchange of ideas and experiences.
Fort Worth St. Jude Walk/ Run to End Childhood Cancer was hosted out at Panther Island Pavilion on September 21. The event was put on by St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital – Texas.
September is Child Cancer Awareness Month and what better what to celebrate this month than walk for a cause! Every dollar raised helps support the lifesaving mission of St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital®, where families never receive a bill for treatment, travel, housing or food – because all a family should worry about is helping their child live.
What a celebration it was and thanks to the Fort Worth community, they were able to raise over $60,000 for the kids of St. Jude!
Panther Island Pavilion hosts various events throughout the year that support a number of nonprofits. In 2018, over $2.2 million was raised during the events. We can’t wait to see the total amount raised in 2019!
Check out the list of fall walks and runs coming to Fort Worth and register, create a team and/or donate to a cause!
- September 21 St. Jude Walk/ Run to End Childhood Cancer – Join supporters in communities across the nation during Childhood Cancer Awareness Month for this family-friendly event that raises funds to support the lifesaving mission of St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital®, where families never receive a bill for treatment, travel, housing or food.
- October 19 Step Up For Down Syndrome – The walk supports individuals with Down Syndrome and their caregivers through education, outreach, support, engagement, the exchange of ideas and experiences, and social opportunities.
- October 26 Walk to End Alzheimer’s – the world’s largest event to raises awareness and funds for Alzheimer’s care, support, and research. This inspiring event calls on participants of all ages and abilities to reclaim the future for millions.
- November 10 Fort Worth Marathon – the Marathon is an annual running event that raises funds to fight childhood obesity in the Tarrant County area and in the school systems.
- November 16 JDRF One Walk – When you join one of the hundreds of JDRF One Walks across the country, the money you raise will support JDRF, the leading global organization funding T1D research.
- November 23 Pumpkin Spice 5K, 10K, & Half Marathon – Join us for the most festive fall 5k, 10k & Half Marathon of the season. Our swag is sweet and our afterparty is spicy.
DFW Tour De Cure was held at Panther Island Pavilion on June 22—Fort Worth, TX.
New this year, not only did DFW Tour de Cure host a bike ride, but they added on a walk/run for more patrons to participate in! Event-goers had a blast at PIP that Saturday, while raising fund for the American Diabetes Association.
Fort Worth Great Strides returned to Panther Island Pavilion on May 19 —Fort Worth, TX.
For 30 years, Great Strides – the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation’s largest national fundraising event – has supported the Foundation’s mission to cure cystic fibrosis and raise awareness for this rare, genetic, life-shortening disease that makes it difficult to breathe and shortens lives.
Great Strides provided an opportunity for family, friends, students, and colleagues to come together and make a difference in the lives of people with CF by raising money for research and walking together in solidarity. Registration for the walk was free, but people were encouraged to create teams and raised funds. A number of teams showed up to Panther Island to participate in the walk and raised fund prior to the day of the event.
Stride until it’s done, y’all!