2022 was a year full of fan-favorite events ranging from concerts, festivals, runs and bike rides! We had a wide variety of returning events as well as exciting new events that brought hundreds of thousands of attendees to Panther Island Pavilion. Check out our highlights below:
- We had an action-packed selection of NEW events for people to enjoy this year at the Pavilion! Attendees ate their hearts out at the Fried Chicken Festival, Syndicate Smokedown and Tacos & Tequila Festival. Then, concertgoers gathered to enjoy SLANDER for the first time at the Pavilion.
- Several nationwide festivals found their home here this year. Ubbi Dubbi, Texas’s premiere electronic dance music festival, returned in April. FitCon hosted its premiere fitness expo in June. Also, Water Lantern Festival had a spring and fall event that was filled with live music, vendors and a magical lantern launch.
- This year we got our steps in during our bike, walk and run events. The Blast, March for Babies, Tour de Cure, Bike MS Round Up, Justice Run, Fort Worth Marathon and Pumpkin Spice were all events that brought the need for speed to the venue.
- Cody Johnson & Friends performed another SOLD OUT show in October. This live performance featured Cody Johnson with special guests Randy Houser and Hailey Whitters. Over 13,000 attendees were able to enjoy food, drinks, merchandise and amazing live country music with a gorgeous backdrop of Downtown Fort Worth.
- We rocked out to our favorite summer tradition, Rockin’ the River, for five straight weeks throughout July and August. The 11th Annual free weekly concert series was moved to Thursdays for attendees to enjoy their happy hour on the water. Throughout the series, hundreds of people jammed out to awesome live music on Texas’ only waterfront stage, ate delicious food and floated on the Trinity River.
- On July 4th, Panther Island Pavilion celebrated Independence Day at Fort Worth’s Fourth. Over 93,000 attendees came out to enjoy the festivities with their loved ones. Patrons got to enjoy live music, vendors, the free TRWD water stations, a cardboard slide, fireworks and more.
- The 103rd Veterans Day Parade assembled at Panther Island Pavilion on November 11, 2022. The gloomy weather did not stop people from coming out to celebrate this historic day. Spectators enjoyed watching the bands, ROTC units, floats and more.
- Backwoods Paddlesports, located at Panther Island Pavilion, increased recreation activities on the water by providing watercraft rentals for the 10th season this year. Renters were able to choose between canoes, kayaks or stand-up paddleboards to view and explore the Trinity River.
- The Fort Worth Bike Sharing B-cycle station offered individuals a chance to explore the Trinity Trails, Panther Island Pavilion, Panther Island and more. This activity increased the use of the Trinity Trails and brought more traffic to the area.