2019 was a year for the books at Panther Island Pavilion. The venue hosted 47 events which attracted over 228,000 people. Read below fun highlights from the past year.
- Raising funds and awareness for worthy causes were the shining stars of 2019. Panther Island Pavilion served as the host venue for 12 various third-party walk, runs, and rides. Nearly $2 million dollars were raised and more than 200 miles of the Trinity Trails were utilized for fundraising events such as Mimosa Run, Jude Walk/Run, JDRF One Walk, and, Walk to End Alzheimer’s.
- Disco Donnie’s inaugural festival, Ubbi Dubbi, was a new addition at Panther Island Pavilion this past April. Featuring national acclaimed EDM artists bands such as (names). This sold-out event hosted a wide array of fans from all 50 states and 6 different countries bringing in around 45,000 attendees over two days! After the festival was completed, Disco Donnie donated $15,000 to three local Fort Worth nonprofits, Fort Worth POA “Cops For Kids”, Fort Worth B-Cycle, and Girls Rock Fort Worth. Lastly, Ubbbi Dubbi helped Panther Island Pavilion be mentioned in “Is Fort Worth the Next Big Festival Destination” by Mix247EDM!
- Another new event that made its debut at Panther Island Pavilion was the nation-wide Water Lantern Festival. Visitors were able to create their own personalized rice lanterns that were made out of rice paper and wood. Lanterns were decorated with anything from a picture of a loved one to an inspirational quote. Once released, the lanterns gathered and floated down the Trinity River together in harmony.
- The Cody Johnson Throwdown returned to Panther Island Pavilion for its fourth year. Cody Johnson not only brought the party but brought another sell-out show to Panther Island Pavilion! Chris Colston kicked off the concert and despite the pop-up thunderstorm, the party continued throughout the night with Ronnie Milsap performing before COJO took the stage.
- A signature Panther Island Pavilion event, Fort Worth’s Fourth, returned for its 12th year. This year the entertainment was stacked with the returning of the 95.9 The Ranch Battle of the Bald Eagle, Party Machine Band, and Poo Live Crew. Patrons witnessed an F-16 Flyover provided by 301st Fighter Wing as well as the singing of our national anthem by Fort Worth’s very own and a star of the hit TV show “The Voice”, Austin Allsup. The night ended with the largest fireworks show in North Texas on July 4th. See y’all at the same place, same time next year!
- Summer brought more music, tubing, and sunshine! Eight years rocking the river banks, Rockin’ the River, the all-day Saturday event brought in around 14,000 people over six weeks. The summer tubing and music series showcased 30 Texas Country, Rock, and Blues bands and six firework shows to end each night.
- PROST y’all! This year’s Oktoberfest Fort Worth This three-day German Festival ended on Saturday, September 28. The festival was full of authentic German food, bier, entertainment, and shopping vendors and the biggest yet bringing in a record attendance of 18,000!
- The second Koe Wetzel’s Incredible Music Festival was hosted at Panther Island Pavilion this fall! This all-day festival brought a sold-out crowd full of fun and music. Koe brought the party with Parker McCollum, Cody Canada & the Departed, and Chris Colston. Attendees enjoyed a large 50-foot water slide, Ferris wheel, mustache rides and the more. The night ended with a BANG, large fireworks show across the riverbank.
- Recreation on the river was bigger than ever thanks to Backwoods Paddlesports. The retailer operated 9 months (March-November) of the year for their 7th season! Renting more than 5,600 kayak, canoe, and stand-up paddleboards on the Trinity River at Panther Island Pavilion. Customers also had the opportunity to help clean the Trinity and helped collect 207 bags of trash during their time out on the river. With the growing popularity of the river recreation, Backwoods added on Sunset and Night paddles which hosted 69 people! Participants were treated to complimentary beer at the conclusion of the paddle courtesy of our community partner, Wild Acre Brewing Co.
- Fort Worthians and visitors were able to experience a part of the Trinity River most have never seen. Panther Island Boat Tours opened at Panther Island Pavilion in July! Spectators chose from several types of tours that included the rich history of the river and how it shaped Fort Worth. PIBT even had a sunset cruise with dinner! They served a total of 2,100 customers and picked up 25 bags of trash while out on the river.
- Lastly, Bike-sharing on Panther Island Pavilion has made it easier than ever to hop on and off at the venue and enjoy the Trinity Trails for an outdoor, emission-free adventure. Averaging more than 7.46 per day, over 2,350 bikes were checked out at the Taylor Circle station ranking it as the 7th best performing location out of 46 stations in 2019!
Many started off their holiday and attended the COX Thanksgiving Day Run at Panther Island Pavilion on November 28, 2019.
Runners arrived at the venue with rainy, cold weather, but were thankful by the start of the race, the rain had stopped once the race kicked off. Participants had the option to enter into the 1-mile walk, 5K, 10K, or half-marathon. With great company and Santa Clause present, the Thanksgiving Day Run was a successful event!
Pumpkin Spice 5K, 10K & Half Marathon returned to Panther Island Pavilion on Saturday, November 23 for another great run!
With over 2,400 participants, the event helped raise money for Leukemia Texas. The participants had a great time before and after running enjoying treats such as Avoca Coffee, pumpkin spiced hot chocolate, and watching a pie-eating contest and much more!
JDRF One Walk was hosted out at Panther Island Pavilion on November 16 – Fort Worth, TX
JDRF Greater Fort Worth/Arlington hosted a big celebration! The walk was a fun, family-friendly event where dedicated walkers, volunteers, and sponsors raise money to make living with T1D safer and healthier until it is no longer a threat.
Thanks to the Fort Worth community, JDRF raised over $357,600, surpassing their online goal of $400,000!
Fort Worth at Panther Island Pavilion – November 11, 2019
Congratulations to all that participated in this year’s Fort Worth Marathon! The Fort Worth Marathon is a non-profit organization. The Marathon is an annual running event that raises funds to fight childhood obesity in the Tarrant County area and in the school systems. This year’s race had nearly 950 runners.
Congrats again to all that participated and to the lucky couple that got engaged at the end of the race. See you in 2020.
Step Up For Down Syndrome was held at Panther Island Pavilion on October 19—Fort Worth, TX.
Participants joined together to walk in either the family or run in the newly added 5K! The walk supports individuals with Down Syndrome and their families through education, outreach, support, and social engagement, as well as, the exchange of ideas and experiences.
The Second Annual Texas Cigars & Spirits Tasting was held at Panther Island Pavilion on October 12—Fort Worth, TX.
New this year, Cigar & Spirits Magazine hosted the 2nd Annual Texas Cigars & Spirits Tasting at The Shack. Cigar and Spirits enthusiasts received samples of some of the world’s greatest spirits and took home hundreds of dollars worth of premium cigars while enjoying amazing food, live music, giveaways and best of all, the camaraderie and friendly atmosphere that a great spirit and delicious smoke created.
Fort Worth St. Jude Walk/ Run to End Childhood Cancer was hosted out at Panther Island Pavilion on September 21. The event was put on by St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital – Texas.
September is Child Cancer Awareness Month and what better what to celebrate this month than walk for a cause! Every dollar raised helps support the lifesaving mission of St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital®, where families never receive a bill for treatment, travel, housing or food – because all a family should worry about is helping their child live.
What a celebration it was and thanks to the Fort Worth community, they were able to raise over $60,000 for the kids of St. Jude!
Koe Wetzel brought the party to Panther Island Pavilion on September 14, 2019
The first Koe Wetzel’s Incredible Music Festival at Panther Island Pavilion was a sell-out event! Koe partied along with Parker McCollum, Cody Canada & the Departed, and Chris Colston. Attendees enjoyed a large 50-foot water slide, Ferris wheel, mustache rides and the more. The night ended with a BANG, a large fireworks show was viewed by many!
Panther Island Pavilion hosts various events throughout the year that support a number of nonprofits. In 2018, over $2.2 million was raised during the events. We can’t wait to see the total amount raised in 2019!
Check out the list of fall walks and runs coming to Fort Worth and register, create a team and/or donate to a cause!
- September 21 St. Jude Walk/ Run to End Childhood Cancer – Join supporters in communities across the nation during Childhood Cancer Awareness Month for this family-friendly event that raises funds to support the lifesaving mission of St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital®, where families never receive a bill for treatment, travel, housing or food.
- October 19 Step Up For Down Syndrome – The walk supports individuals with Down Syndrome and their caregivers through education, outreach, support, engagement, the exchange of ideas and experiences, and social opportunities.
- October 26 Walk to End Alzheimer’s – the world’s largest event to raises awareness and funds for Alzheimer’s care, support, and research. This inspiring event calls on participants of all ages and abilities to reclaim the future for millions.
- November 10 Fort Worth Marathon – the Marathon is an annual running event that raises funds to fight childhood obesity in the Tarrant County area and in the school systems.
- November 16 JDRF One Walk – When you join one of the hundreds of JDRF One Walks across the country, the money you raise will support JDRF, the leading global organization funding T1D research.
- November 23 Pumpkin Spice 5K, 10K, & Half Marathon – Join us for the most festive fall 5k, 10k & Half Marathon of the season. Our swag is sweet and our afterparty is spicy.